Sunday, August 26, 2018

Inventory count lead to Ilocos Tour (January 2016) - Part 1 of 3

Sometimes my job as an external auditor can be pretty awesome because I get to visit places where my travel, accommodation, and food expenses are chargeable, but at a limit of course. So for us external auditors who have clients that require a yearend inventory count, the period of December to January of the next year can be pretty exciting. On my first year of being an associate, I got assigned to do the inventory count at Ilocos Region, accompanied by a seasoned associate and my good friend Reg.The yearend count was scheduled on January 4-7, 2016, a day each for Vigan and and Laoag Branches. 

On my previous blog, the first adventure I had was to visit Majayjay Falls, and that was on a Saturday, January 2. I just remember while writing this, that as soon as I came home that day, I packed for my travel to Ilocos and left the same day. I left Manila by myself and traveled alone to Vigan. Reg is from Abra and had spent the holidays at her hometown. We agreed to meet at Vigan on Sunday, January 3. 

So I rode the Partas Bus to Vigan, the ticket cost P695. I took a photo of the ticket that's why I remember, lol! I left Cubao Terminal at midnight if January 3, though I had a tiresome day previously, I got to sleep and rest well on the bus ride. I did enjoy sleeping and taking rest on bus rides back then since I get to save money on accommodation, especially when I had to travel for long hours. I got to see the sunrise while on the bus and arrived at Vigan at about nine in the morning.  

As an auditor, I got my files, laptop, and clothes in my backpack, since I have no idea yet where to go, or where we should check in, I went around carrying all that stuff on my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment