Monday, January 5, 2015

Discover Guimaras: John B Lacson Ecological Park

It was January 5, 2013 when my mom said that we'll come to her friend's birthday at Alubijod. Alubijod is a popular place in Nueva Valencia, Guimaras where some of the popular white beach resorts are located. I don't know anybody from the family of my mom's friend so I invited two of my friends, Cherryl Lou a.ka. Strawberry, and Mesma. While on our way to Raymen's Beach Resort, an ecopark caught our eyes, and we decided to check the place out. It was already about 4 in the afternoon and we had a race against the setting sun so that we can take photos. So this are the photos we took.



Cherryl Lou at the entrance.


John B Lacson is a university in Iloilo which specializes in maritime courses. 



The entrance to the park costs 100 per person until my last visit of December 2013, I don't know now though. There's an additional of 50 pesos if you want to swim at the beach and another 50 pesos if you want to take a plunge in their pool.





















Their Butterfly Garden shows the life cycle of the butterflies but there weren't that much butterflies when we came. Probably because it's was close to dusk already.








This is one of their training facilities. 


Villa Igang is the name of the resort located inside the ecopark.


This bamboo bridge will lead you through the mangrove forest. 













We went up the hills then down to a river going straight to the see. It was such a fun place to explore especially that we only had the place to ourselves.









Some of these structures were actually renovated and changed during that year. 








This is the view from the pool.



I forgot how wide the area of the park was but as you explore you'll get to the resort and you can buy drinks or order food if available there.









Those are actually rooms that you can reserved or rent for the night if you want to stay in.


This was taken inside their restaurant.


More rooms over here.



We weren't able to catch the sun set. Oh well. It was a tiring two hours of that day but we were very happy. So worth the money we paid.




I am not enlarging this, but this was taken on the other beach where the birthday was happening. Heheheh!



Some drinks to end the night. 






I came here again last November 2013 just after Typhoon Yolanda. This is an additional area that was developed. We went her for my friend's birthday, Ayshah.




I went back here last December 30, 2013 for a getaway with my friends. This is actually where the huge waves were splashing last November. Pretty!




This is where you'll pass by going to the cliff.




This is another beach area, different from Villa Igang, they have a name for this place but then, I forgot. Sorry!






This is like a 2 floor apartment which I think costs 15,000 pesos per night, but well, if you want to stay here with a large group of friends with fat wallets, this can be the place for your exclusive beach party. This place ecopark wasn't packed with visitors everytime I came here.



By the way, you can also bring food with you and have a barbecue party here, coz we did, and so you can.


Everytime, friends ask me if I can recommend any good place to go to in Guimaras, I always recommend this place. So if you want to come to Guimaras, visit John B. Lacson's Ecopark at Nueva Valencia. You can also hire a boat here and go island hopping. There's just so much to do in the "island that fits your taste", Guimaras!

No comments:

Post a Comment